Thursday, May 1, 2008

We'll be buff in no time

How excited am I? Pretty damn excited. Brian and I drove up to Bel Air to look at the gym. Initially it was just going to be me joining (if I liked it) but by the end of the tour the whole family is a member. It was awesome. I can honestly say I can't wait to go. Its huge. It is laid out so well that even during the busy time (while we were there) you'd never even know it. It has a cardio section with TVs in the equipment. It has a weight area. It has two basketball courts, 5 pools (a few of which are under a dome that comes down in the summer, a spa, multiple locker rooms, a few "class" rooms, a little cafe (serving Starbucks--I think that is why Brian joined) and then there is the kids area that I wish I was under 11 so I can go play in it. Its awesome. They have a "tree" the kids can climb which was made by the same people that built the Life tree in Disney. There is a rock climbing wall and a bunch of class stuff for them to do.

Their trainers aren't just trainers because they completed a 24 hour class and got a piece of paper. They are rated (and charge more) based on their education, most of which have some sort of rehabilitation training. You are assigned a trainer based on your needs, not by who has an opening at 9am. Same goes with their classes. I'm interested in group class but intimidated, so they have a girl that sits down with you and decides which classes are best suited for you. Then she introduces you to the instructor and some of the students. Its like being in elementary school.

I mentioned they have a spa. Of course, with an opening tomorrow afternoon at 1pm for a facial so my other one has been cancelled. This place offers members pricing so its almost $30 cheaper at the gym. Not only that, the gym is close to just about every store you can think of so we can easily fit the gym into our errands.

So, needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I'm even more excited because the more I work out the less I have to worry about WW. That is worth it in itself.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Sounds pretty awesome, actually. :) I hope the membership proves very useful for all of you.