Monday, May 12, 2008

motivation

It just took me 2 hours to get home from work, thanks to the monsoon outside. I hate the rain, especially driving in it. But, holy hell, this was nuts. As my needle headed towards "E" I decided I was going to get off 95 and get some gas, a Diet Pepsi and maybe a snack. I swear I was so close to the exit I could spit and reach it but someone else decided to wreck their car and close all four lanes of 95 North. Ugh, I was aggravated. Not because I was afraid of running out of gas, but well, I just wanted to get home. Plus I had to pee. I didn't realize I had to pee til I started to think about the possibility of me sitting there for hours. Once I realized 95 turned into a parking lot I had plenty of time to sit and do nothing. I read the remainder of my People magazine. After that I just thought. I've got plenty to think about these days. Seems I always do. But anyway, I was trying to think back as to what my motivation was to be so vigilant when I lost 70 pounds or so my first go round on WW. I came up with nothing. I have no idea. Something must have done it because I went to every meeting, I never ever gained. It was wonderful. I had all the will power in the world. I know it wasn't something like a wedding or a big event or even sadly just to be healthier. I'm half wondering if I found my motivation again. Hear me out....

So, every year we're supposed to get PPA's (evaluations) for work. I got a call from my Lt. this evening saying they didn't accept my PPA because I was over the weight limit for my height and that wasn't satisfactory. What?! I was one pound over. He changed it saying I could have peed and lost the weight, which I agree with but the problem I have with it is the weight he had on my PPA was what I weighed at my yearly work physical. That was in the fall or early winter. I weight at least 10 pounds more now. When I got hired there, I knew it was a physical job and I have in writing what I'm supposed to be weigh according to my height. There's a reason they have that paper in our packet. I guess it worked out that I was only 1 pound over for the evaluation and that was a "workable" number, but to be honest, I'm not good with lying. I'm not really good with fudging the numbers. Especially, now, knowing that I'm almost 10 pounds over what I should be.

I never know what next years officer is going to be like. They might be a stickler for the rules and I really can't argue something that's written in black and white. It would be a shame to work my behind off and be a good employee only to have a not so great evaluation because I was over my weight limit, even if by only one pound.

So, we'll see how that goes. I've been really good today. I even stopped on my way home and finally got my Diet Pepsi and instead of getting something super junky, I got a bag of hard pretzels thinking they are that much harder to chew. I only ate one in the time I could have easily chowed down a bag of chips or candy.

We have a lot of projects to do this week. But I'm definitely going back to cooking. I'm so much more on plan that way. We are splurging and going to a Japanese Steakhouse at some point. Brian always wants to go there and I am usually not in the mood for it. This week, I promised, we could go there for supper.

Oh, its a day late, but Happy Mother's Day to all the mommys out there!

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

I'm sure that was really hard to hear. :-(

Sarah said...

Looking at it in the positive. They give us a healthy weight range and we should be in it. I don't want to turn into one of those people who gets a note from their doctor saying its okay they are overweight. So, I'll just have to work to lose it.

I'm going to try to look at it this way...they are paying me lots of money to stay within my weight range. I think thats the least I can do.