Wednesday, May 7, 2008

itchy scratchy watery.....:(

I feel like a commercial for Benadryl. I hate allergies. I never used to have them until high school and then whammo! they hit me. I can't complain too much because over the past few years it hasn't been too horrible. I expect every morning I'll be stuffy and drippy and then I move on with my day. Somedays my ear hurts, others I need to actually take some medicine but today allergies went to my eyes and they weren't very nice. Meano allergies. I felt sinusey (I'm just making up words left and right here...) last night at the gym, but didn't think much of it. I figured some sleep would do me good. 445am came and I still felt crappy but I didn't want to call out of work. I got there this morning and wasn't exactly pleasant. I just didn't feel good. I felt all out of it. So, after I kinda screwed up on a call, well, not really screw up but didn't really give it my all on the call (hey that rhymes!) because I was more focused on how I didn't feel good, I figured it was best for me to take a sick day. I feel really guilty about sick days. I don't want to be looked at as someone who abuses them. I've taken a few over the past few years, but they were all legit. Nothing like calling out sick while I'm sipping some foo-foo drink on an island or anything. So just as I started feeling guilty for asking to go home, the tears started. Stupid watery itchy eyes. Then I knew it was a sign from God (or pollen) that it was time to go home, take some Benadryl and nap for a few hours.

I left work around 130pm and decided to stop by Patient First to get a new allergy medicine. They are my PCP but I'm seriously thinking about changing that. First off even though it says all over my chart they are my primary care provider, the doc (who was really a PA but called himself Dr) told me to follow up with my PCP to get a name of an allergist. Um, duh. I have a new script for a new allergy med out there which I'm thinking will make me sleepy. Exactly what I don't want. But I wasn't going to sit there and argue with the PA about it. I'll take it and see how it works and try to schedule something with an ENT or allergist. Now, how to find one without randomly picking a name out of a book, I don't know.

I'd just like to know the cause of the stupid stuff. It used to be dust mites and mold and no pollen. Maybe now its pollen. Maybe I need to dust the house better. (ha, or maybe just dust it in general.) But that will be a project for tomorrow, because right now I'm headed towards a Benadryl induced nap.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Zyrtec has been my savior for years. Just sayin.

Sarah said...

Zyrtec doesn't work for me :( Claritin used to but only on certain stuff. THey gave me a prescription for a new medicine called Xyzal. We'll see how that does but it says I have to take it at bedtime because it may cause sleepiness. Thats not going to work while I'm at work. I'll give it a shot though. I have to take Nasocort which I've come to find I'm not a fan of spraying crap up my nose.