Thursday, May 1, 2008

The spa or the doc...

I'm on a quest to take better care of myself. One of the things on my "to do" list is to take better care of my skin. I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to look any older than I really am as I age. My job will age me enough as it is. I can retire at 44....I want to look 44 (or younger) when I leave. I don't want to look 60. I've done really nothing more than wash my face over the years, so I'm on a mission to start a skin care regimen. I've heard a lot about facials and then others that deal with dermatologists. Anyone have any suggestions as to if one is better than the other? I'm not looking to do chemical peels or anything, but maybe facials, etc and like I said get a good skin care regimen worked out.

I went out last night to happy hour with Brian and our friend Kathleen. I was not WW compliant which I'm actually totally okay with. It was a much needed night out. What I'm excited about is today (which is when I fall off the wagon because last nights junk food was soooo much better than WW stuff) I have not fallen into the junk food trap. I am back on plan. Thats a big milestone for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE facials. They analyze your skin and offer suggestions. Of course they promote their products, but you can learn if you have some dry areas or oily areas and what to do about it and not make any purchases. There is a face wash I bought when I had my last facial because you can use it everyday and it takes off dead skin (you won't see the dead skin, don't worry). Dermatologists handle skin issues of course, but not relaxing and not fun like a facial. I would get a facial every day (if only I could).

Sarah said...

Where do you go? Amy said Red Door in Cross Keys. I was looking at The Spa at the Avenue in White Marsh as well. Trying to find reviews of both now....

Caroline said...

I've never had much of a skin care regimen and I've never had a facial, so I'm not much help on that front.

But getting back on plan after relaxing last night is a huge step. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I think FX Studios in Hunt Valley is the best. I had one at Red Door and really liked it, but FX is just a unique place and I loved the facial and the atmosphere can't be beat. Don't like mentioning this, but they have free stone mountain creamery ice cream in a cooler and all kinds of drinks you can help yourself too. I forgot to mention there is a small movie theater there where you can watch a movie while you wait or while you are eating that delicious ice cream. Check it out on the internet at www.fxstudios.com