Sunday, May 18, 2008

And then the next day sucked.

Just talkin' about the weather. Ugh, today's weather sucked. I know why it acted like it did outside today. Because we were going to take Taylor to the Air Show at Andrews Air Force Base. I wanted to go so bad. Every year I want to go but, I'm either working or its raining. Some year, I may actually take up the offer to work the OT for the event. Not a bad gig to get paid to work an event you'd pay to get into.

So, today was a good lazy day. Maybe a little too lazy. Although, we did get to the gym. I didn't workout like I really wanted to. I tried. I just couldn't. Ever have one of those days? I was on the treadmill for 5 minutes and I really wasn't putting any effort into it. I persuaded Taylor to play basketball with me but even that didn't work. If basketballs not going to get me moving around, nothing will. I ended up lifting for about 30 minutes, so I guess that's better than nothing. After Taylor got picked up we were super lazy. We napped through a thunderstorm. It was wonderful. We didn't even need the sound machine. Mother nature lulled us to sleep.

This weeks goals:
  • Cook more food. I don't think we ate out that much, but I didn't have enough stuff for the week. There wasn't enough leftovers. I need to have more portion control, 'already know the points value' meals ready and waiting for me.
  • Exercise
  • Drink more water :(
  • Weigh in and maybe stay for the meeting. I'm notorious for rolling out after my weigh in. Maybe I could use the meeting for a little extra "umph" for the week.
  • Make a plan for next weekend. Remember, its Leigh and Jimi's engagement party at my parents. Mom's already requesting every crock pot in PA to be there, so that only means bad (but, oh, so delicious food) will be there.

Tomorrow's my first day at my new assignment. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll be bored to pieces, but that is a good thing. I'm already getting my meals ready and my "activities" for the day which include sudoku, study material for the Lt. exam, and my Valerie Bertinelli book. By the way, if you haven't read it, you should. I'm not a huge Valerie fan, but it really hits home when she talks about using eating as a coping mechanism. We all know she lost her weight on Jenny Craig, but the weight went on the same why it did for all of us.

I've also become mildly obsessed with Post Secret. It started out as some sort of project for this guy in Maryland where he asked people to mail him postcards with a secret on it. From a little project it turned into books and exhibition tour. I just got done reading (I guess its more browsing) two of the books and look forward to the other two as well. Some of the cards are stupid, some are funny, some make you realize there are people out there just like you and others make you look at your life and realize how good you have it.

That's it for now. I'm off to hang out in my bedroom and watch a little TV. Did I mention I love it? I promise, next week, pictures. All the curtains will be hung and hopefully flooring will be put it. I know, you just can't wait. The suspense is killing you!

1 comment:

healthy ashley said...

Those are great goals! And they are totally attainable. Good luck! Don't let the .8 get you down. Our weight fluctuates... and this whole thing is a process.