Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We never ended up planning our trip to San Diego last night. We ended up at a Japanese Steakhouse with our friends Missy & Nick. It was a lot of fun. We love to go out with other couples but don't get to very often. Unfortunately a lot of the people we know work shift work as well and that doesn't usually leave a lot of days that mesh to make plans.

As for San Diego, our plan is to meet Brian's brother, Rick, his wife, Holly, and their kids, Sydney and Ryan, out there then head to Lego Land, the zoo and possibly the Wild Animal Park. It is still up in the air whether or not we'll head to Tucson, where they live. I don't know how much time we are going to have.

I'm really hoping we do the Wild Animal Park. One of the guys that lives at Station 12 told me he grew up in San Diego and visiting Wild Animal Park is a must. He made it sound like I get to touch wild animals. I can't wait. I just told Christy yesterday that I keep telling Brian I want a penguin, a seal, a sea lion and a fuzzy bear to live with us. I think the penguin, seal, and sea lion can live in the bathtub and the bear can curl up with us in bed as long as he manicures his claws.
Everyone else seems pretty excited about Lego Land. I think it will be cool to see what they have built, but I'm not a huge Lego person so I'm more interested in animals.

It should be fun. Brian's kids get along really well with Sydney so it should be fun. We're still trying to figure out if Taylor can go with us. Its a little harder to pull her out of school as compared to the younger ones. I know Brian's pretty excited about it. He said we almost sound like a "normal" family doing vacations with other family members. And, like I mentioned in a prior post, I absolutely love San Diego so no matter where we go I'll be happy. I have a feeling, though, after going with kids I'm going to want to go back without them sometime (hint, hint....I hope Brian has a running list of "ideas" for me for the future!).

Today, Brian's fixing (re-fixing) the drywall in the bedroom and starting to paint. I made a few good purchases at Penney's last night so I'm getting excited about how the room is coming together. I hope it turns out like it looks in my head. We bought a TV for the bedroom on sale at Best Buy. Its the same 32" flat screen that is in the basement, only for $300 cheaper than it was this time last year (dammit!). It was an open box with everything in it. We are happy with the one we have in the basement, so we decided to get it. Brian's going to mount it to the wall and he's talking about framing it. He tells me he doesn't know what he's doing (which means he does) so I'm hopeful it will look good. We have two guys coming today to work up a plan/quotes for our deck/patio. Hopefully it will be a little cheaper than the first. Our house plans are coming together and pretty reasonable price wise so far. Hopefully that will continue.

We found out yesterday my sister, Leigh, and her fiance, Jimi, are having an engagement party at my parents over Memorial Day weekend. We're taking the kids up with us. They've met some of my family but they've never gone to PA with us before. I think they'll like it. Something different for them and they get to meet my family that will never come down to MD like my Grampy. We think while there, we will take them the Coal Mine Tour in Scranton. I grew up in Northeast PA which used to be a big coal mining area. Well, my particular town, Forest City, was initially used for lumber, hence the "forest" in its name. That brought in the railroad which was utilized to haul out lumber, and eventually coal. Immigrants from Europe came over to mine and thats how basically all of NEPA came to. And of course, they brought their wonderful food like
pierogi , kielbasa, and halushki. By the way, if you by any chance are familiar and mild to moderately addicted to these foods, Brian and I highly suggest attending Pierogi Fest in Indiana, just outside of Chicago. We went last summer and it was a blast. Brian has grown quite fond of pierogis since we started dating, as you can tell.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't really go to Chicago to try the pizza. This was at Giordano's....good but definitely no floppy slice.

K, I've procrastinated enough. I've got to get ready for quote #1 to come at noon. I'm hoping its less than $9500.

No comments: