Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I dont have a title.

Did I mention I love my gym? I mean really love it. Never thought those words would be coming outta this mouth, did ya? Well, they did. I spent almost an hour and a half there last night. I ran on the treadmill for....get this...1.5 miles. Thats a big deal for me. I never used to last longer than 4 minutes running on one and I did 1.5 miles. I was very excited for myself. I still don't have a whole lot of endurance so I got tired and had to stop, but I'm sure with time that will get better. Then I played basketball for a bit. Ok, not really play, but I shot around for a good 20 minutes. I tried to get in a pick up game but guys aren't all the quick to pick a girl. Too bad for them. I saw some of the boys play and I was better than a lot of them. Give it time, they'll eventually give in. They used to do that when I went to Univ. of MD. I used to go to the rec center to play and there was always a full court and an open court play. I used to shoot around until finally around 930 at night they'd start to run out of players. Guys would walk past me go out in the hallway and yell "anyone wanna play?" I'd let them find no one then I'd chirp in. After about two games, they'd be mad when I'd leave. Funny how that works.

So anyway, after basketball, I used the machines and lifted for a while. I was pretty impressed at how much I can do with my legs. I was doing a leg press and pressed 245 lbs. Too bad I could probably only do like 30 pounds using my upper body. It will all come with time. I'm finding I'm not as obsessed with the scale as I have been recently. Just with a few workouts, clothes are fitting a little better and my legs are toning up. I'm very okay with that.

Today Brian and I Christy-sat. Its kinda like babysitting but for big people named Christy. She was my partner at Medic 29 a few years back. She had back surgery last week and needs someone to watch for a week or two till she's back on feet. Or can sit down to pee on her own. Talk about bonding. :) Ha. J/k. She surprisingly looked better, well, I shouldn't say look...she looked like I expected her to, but after being on bedrest for this long and knowing she's going to be like that for a while, I pictured her to be more sad or something, but she seemed to be in pretty good spirits. Hopefully she'll have a speedy recovery. And if anyone knows of any good blogs or myspace pages for her to stalk, put them in my comments. I'm sure she'd appreciate stalking some new people. Ha!

Now we're waiting for the deck guy to come with his proposal. I'm very much looking forward to it. Well, not so much the dishing out a bunch of $ part, but the deck part. Christy moved into a new house last year and today was the first time I ever saw it. She has a really awesome deck off the back. I guess its a screened in sunroom/deck. Whatever it is, it was very nice to sit and each lunch on it. Ok, deck guy is here, so I'll have an update later. yippee!

1 comment:

Paul said...

How cool is that? I had a gym membership for a while, but I didn't have quite the loving relationship with mine as you have with your's. Mine was more of a tolerate/hate relationship.

I was never any good at basketball. I wish I were better... not so much that I'm willing to put a ton of effort into it, however... ;-)