Saturday, May 3, 2008

After the spa/gym

The gym was awesome. The facial was awesomer. So good in fact I now get the right to make up new words like awesomer. I did the facial first. I think it was supposed to be quiet and relaxing but the girl doing it talked the whole time. I was okay with it. I talked back. Our families both grew up in NE PA so we talked about that, we talked about our jobs, and vacations...I'm jealous she went to Italy twice (she's Sicilian). She loves pizza like I do and she told me in Sicily you order pizza by weight. You tell them how big a slice you want. Apparently the food in Italy is good like here but ten times better because its all fresh ingredients. Now I want to go to Italy. Rome is her favorite place on Earth. I think I might like it. So, needless to say, I'll go back to her. She was obviously very knowledgeable in her field and you could tell she enjoyed her work (that and she said it at least 100 times). When it came time to buy products she wasn't pushy. Actually she told me the "must haves" and said we'd work other products in if I liked it and could actually maintain the washing/moisturizing first. Plus the bill was great. Facial, products and tip was $150. Still alot of money, but considering what that $150 covered, it was significantly less than other places. And I got a free parting gift of a body moisturizer which I'm guessing retails for at least $30. This is my first time using salon quality face products. I hate to say it but there really is a big difference. I told Brian last night the way my face and skin feels really makes me feel better overall. I hate feeling slimy. The moisturizer I bought is a gel that feels sticky like aloe vera gel when you put it on but after it dries skin feels so soft and taut. Like the good way your skin feels when you've been at the beach or something...after you clean up from laying out. I think you can tell I like it. She suggested I try the mineral makeup thats become so popular since most of it is light and has SPF in it. I tried it once before and I wasn't able to get the color to match and it made such a mess. She said they're supposed to come out with a new self contained foundation (so you don't have to tap it out of the top of the container and make a mess) and sell it at the spa. Anyone have any luck with that kind of makeup? I know one of my biggest complaints was the concealer. I get dark circles under my eyes and I didn't feel like it provided good coverage. Ok, getting back on track...

We worked out afterwards. Brian and I will definitely be going to the gym quite a bit. I was kinda rushed, it felt like, but I think the next time I go will be a little better. I didn't like the one machine, although really neat. It was a stepper, elliptical, and something else all in one. You can make it whatever kinda workout you want based on your stride. It hurt me. I'm just not ready for it. That machine had a cable TV in it. Definitely makes the workout fly by. I ended up on the treadmill for a while before playing basketball. I was so excited to shoot around. I lifted a little afterwards and then showered to come home. I was going to go today before work, but I'm sore now. I don't want to overdo it and not be able to walk at 230am when I'm on a call. Maybe I'll try to go tomorrow after my nap.

I didn't weigh in today. I didn't want to be disappointed. I really am in such a good mood since the spa and the gym that I didn't want it to be crushed to smithereens because I didn't lose. This morning I weighed myself on my bathroom scale and its the same as last week. :(

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

I use the BareMinerals makeup and really like it. It covers my acne scars pretty well (when I actually take the time to use it). I've also heard great things about Avon. My friend Tara sells it if you're interested in the Avon one.

Sarah said...

Ok, so I haven't used BareMinerals, I used some other brand but I have issues trying to get it to match my skin. ANd then tapping the lid and all that, I made such a mess. Is it just me? I feel like it should be so much easier. They make it look so easy on the infomercial.