Sunday, May 25, 2008

The party is over.

It went well, I think. Everyone seemed to have a good time, especially the kids. Well, lets start at the beginning.

Yesterday, I met Brian and the kids, and my sister and Jimi at the Coal Mine Tour in Scranton. The kids seemed to really like it. Then later that night we went to dinner with my parents and Jimi's dad and one of Jimi's friends that accidently showed up a day early. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post later this week.

Today, we got the kids ready early and then took them to the playground for a while before the party. The party went well, like I said. The kids had a blast. Last summer my parents got rid of their above ground pool so there ended up being a huge mud circle where it once lived. I think every "digger dozer" toy in the neighborhood ended up in the mud. They built a "street" to the neighbors yard. The kids looked like mud people. Ugh, it was a mess, but they had fun. I'll have pics of that too.

Oh, then there was my tan/burn. I swear I was outside for like 2 hours and then I ended up with a serious case of farmers tan. I was so embarrassed. Everyone was making fun of me. Guess there will be no tank tops for me for a while.

I didn't do well with points. I ate less than I normally would, so I'm okay with that, but as far as where I will be on the scale, its hard to tell. Plus, by the end of the night, I had a few drinks, so that didn't help. Oh well. Its okay. It was a special event and I was good a lot of other days this week. Tomorrow I can get back to normal. I will be home and things will be normal. There will be no people tempting me with donuts and pizza. The immediate stress around here will be gone. Ok, so tomorrow is back to normal and I can't wait. More than anything, I'm glad I don't have to share a bedroom with two kids. Found out the hard way Bella talks (yells) in her sleep.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh God, not the coal mine again...

Sarah said...

Oh yes, and the windmills too. You're jealous, its okay. Maybe someday I'll take you too.