Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pamper me

I decided to start with the facial before going to a doctor. I figure its more relaxing. :) Plus if I don't like it I or don't get results I want I can do the doc thing later. I've decided on the Spa on the Avenue--close to home and I've heard some good stuff about it. I'm also on my way to Bel Air Athletic Club (tonight or tomorrow) to see if I like their gym. I'm hoping I find a place soon that I actually want to workout at.

WW: :( boo. Well, I shouldn't boo yet. Maybe I should throw away the bathroom scale. I've been so good this week, up until last night, and the scales not really budging. I'm not going to claim I've been an angel over the past few months with my eating and working out because I've been far from it, but I think I want to make sure that there is nothing medical going on either. This may be TMI but its really no secret I have female issues. Last May I had to leave work because of a 2.5 inch ovarian cyst (my first). Periods are either non-stop or non-existant and no birth control over the past year has worked to regulate it. I was told to remain on the pill to control the cysts, but around New Years my doc took me off them to see if my body would "jump start" back to normal. It hasn't. Not having periods has been wonderful, but I've noticed quite a few other side effects along with the reoccuring cysts (which are a pain, no pun intended). Now I'm wondering if this weight gain or it being hard to lose may all be tied together. Like I said, I'm not trying to get off the hook and say I've given it my all, but I want to be sure its not a symptom of something else. So, along with all my other "healthy me" stuff I'm going to do a follow up with the OB/GYN and make sure everything is okay in there.

No comments: