Friday, May 23, 2008

I was half good...

and half bad. But I'm being better than I usually am on a trip to PA. After all the talk about how I wasn't doing breakfast with everyone in the morning and only eating Cheerios, my mom came in this morning to wake me up to eat. I don't think in 27 years she's ever done that. But Jimi made breakfast so I think that may have had something to do with it. I fought with myself a little about what I was going to eat. I told them I wasn't being rude but I couldn't eat all that they had to offer. I got myself a bowl of Cheerios with milk and a banana. I traded in the big dinner plate for a salad plate and took maybe only 1/4 cup of scrambled eggs (which were delicious---cheese in them) and a half a biscuit with maybe two tablespoons of sausage gravy (homemade, also super delicious). I didn't eat all of the cereal, but I did eat all the banana so I got some fruit in today. I so wanted more, but instead of sitting around the table I got up and started washing dishes. I nibbled on a tiny piece of a donut and then at lunch I had 1/2 piece of pizza and a 1/4-1/2 serving of the supper leftovers. I know if I add up my points I'm probably a little bit up there, but its hard to say. I find it so hard to estimate sometimes.

Now I'm in a sticky situation because my dad wants us to go to a local restaurant for supper. Its so freakin' good. I don't think there's a single healthy thing in the place. OK, maybe there is but that defeats going there. I just found myself telling my mom to eat without me because I might be busy, but I don't think that is true. I am afraid to go there and ruin a few days of good work. I know whats on the menu for the party on Sunday and I think I may have to skip breakfast and lunch and still maybe go buy some of my own hot dogs or something so I can eat within reason and know the points value. This is about the time I start to have a "this is too hard" breakdown and I go back to my old ways. But I really don't want to do that. And my "stay in the weight range for work" motivation really is working. I'm impressed.

I am waiting to hear back if Laura wants to go out for the afternoon but I don't think that's going to work out. So, I think I'm going to nap because I'm lazy and then head out shopping for a bit. I have nothing to shop for but it will get me walking. I'd go for a walk outside but its way too windy. There are just some weather conditions I refuse to go out in unless I'm getting paid to (honestly) and that includes wind, rain, and ice. Unfortunately I don't think anyone is paying me to walk in the wind today. Good day for the windmills though. We have a windmill farm up here that has 47, 300 foot windmills that produce energy for 19,000 homes. Kinda neat, especially when you see them all lined up on the horizon.

No comments: