Saturday, May 3, 2008

I want more days like this

I think its so interesting how some days I'm ravenous for any and all food, while others I could care less if I ate at all. Today, I had some Golden Grahams w/ milk for breakfast, a 4 point sandwich with light chips for lunch, a banana as a snack, a WW oatmeal 1 pt bar on the way to a call and just now at 945pm ate supper because I felt I should. And even that was only a Lean Cuisine for 7 pts. I really could have done without it. Whats the deal? Why can't I have more "non-hungry" days?

I'm listening to this audio self-help book that my counselor suggested. Personally, I think the eight CD's could be combined into one, but anyway, the gist of it is our thoughts make us what we are. If we are depressed or negative most of the time we make ourselves that way by thinking it. Like me, I could dwell on my big butt. Oh, how could anyone love me and my behind? But while I dwell on making it smaller, I sleep next to someone every night who very much likes it. There's a process in this audio book that is supposed to teach you to basically flip negative views into positive. I get the impression that the mind is a mean and nasty thing sometimes. I'm not going to counseling for my big butt, but it was a good example. And it seems so obvious. The more bad stuff you think about yourself or you think others think of you, even if they might not even think it, brings you down and can spiral you into depression, seclusion, addiction, etc. I think we've all got a little of that going on. I just found it interesting. I'm actually trying to learn how to take negative events that have happened to me in the past and turn them around to positive thoughts so hopefully they'll get out of my head. Hopefully it will work. If not, the book has definitely given me a different insight to other parts of my life.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Positive outlook is invaluable. I hope the audio book makes things easier for you. :)

I have a tendency to let the bad stuff take ahold of me if I'm not careful.