Thursday, May 22, 2008

I made it.

I'm here. On the way I stopped and visited with Grampy. He's doing well. I should say better. He's lucid and talking. He's on dopamine which is helping to keep his pressure up and off the pacer. His heart rate is still kinda low but he's compensating well. As long as he stays alert and has a blood pressure, then they are going to keep the pacer off. His EKG is a little crazy to look at but like I said, really it doesn't matter as long as his body is handling it well. Actually I'm kinda impressed the doctors are treating the patient and not the monitor as we were taught in medic school. He seemed pretty happy to see us (I went with Mom).


WW today: I had Cheerios before leaving and stopped at Subway for a sub and some soup. Mom offered to make supper or take us out so I decided to just make it for her. I figured she could use a break plus that ensured I ate something within a fairly low points range. I made gnocchi with sausage and spinach. I am pretty sure I'm a little over today so I'm trying hard to not add anything else to my menu. Leigh's fiancee is on his way here. I'm worried about that. Not that I'm afraid of him but I'm afraid of him in the morning. He apparently is all about breakfast. He makes a big southern breakfast. I like big breakfasts. Yummy big delicious breakfasts. High high point breakfasts. So we'll see how tomorrow goes. I bought Cheerios and hopefully it will be a successful day. Probably not but you never know.

As for now, its time for the season finale of Grey's. My other mild addiction.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Grey's MILD.... that is my addiction! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. I want one of the "seriously" t-shirts that they sell in the scrub shops, but I fear I'd get fused at for wearing it!