Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day & Night from Hell

If I could erase today, I would. It started off bad from the moment of waking. I should have just stayed in bed. But, I didn't. I had some issues this morning which resulted in a fight with Brian. Conveniently, I had a counseling appointment which I went to where I pretty much told my counselor I'm getting nothing out of them, except being $130 poorer every week. I don't think he liked that very much, but whatever. One good thing is I went to JCPenney's after and found curtains I really like. I returned the others and bought the new ones and I think they'll look fabulous. Hopefully, Friday they'll get hung.

Brian left the house around 530 to work OT. I decided after supper to go to the gym. I got all ready to go, walked out to the car and realized I had no keys. I called Brian (who has the spare set) and we decided instead of him coming home, to call a locksmith. He called them for me and the guy was supposed to be there in an hour. I decided to run around the block a little since I had nothing better to do and when I got back to the house, I, well, broke into my own house. I called Brian, who then called the locksmith to cancel. Mr Locksmith apparently wasn't happy and wanted us to pay a fee for coming out even though he never got there. Brian didn't agree, they had a pissing match and they hung up. Well, this person started calling and calling and calling and eventually came to the house knocking on the door. I was really freaked out because it brought up memories from years ago. I had a guy who stalked me (and about 50 other women) but he's ultimately in jail now. So I'm alone with someone repeatedly calling. I basically locked myself in the basement (although I don't have a door, so no lock either.) Luckily two of my friends and my ex-husband who was leaving a local hospital after visiting his newly born nephew (Congrats Sarah, Sam & baby Simon) came by to stay with me until Brian came home from work. The police had to get involved--nothing major--basically a courtesy call saying stop calling. When all was said and done I had over 18 calls from this person. How nuts? I can't imagine doing that, but I guess not everyone thinks like me. I'm very grateful to have friends that I can count on. Unfortunately for them, the couple I spoke of have been there for me thru quite a few bad things over the past year. I owe them lots. And it speaks highly of my ex to still come and protect me when things got bad. He told me he would beat the guy with his flip-flop. (Inside joke. He said he'd never wear flip flops while we were together and now he's sporting them all the time.) And I'm pretty sure Brian feels the same way about all of them as well. I'm here safe and sound now with Brian and Baxter. I know Bastard woulda had my back. Unfortunately he was pretty lazy and didn't move his fat butt off the couch for most of the events. All I wanted to do was go to the gym and go to sleep early, but its now 1030pm and I'm finally off to bed. Oh, for this day to be over. I pray tomorrow's better. Although I have to be at work for 24 hrs. Ugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad that you don't have a shotgun. You could've just stood by the closed door and cocked it. I bet the sound alone would have saved you the phone call to the police.

Amy Anderson said...

What a FREAK. I'm glad you had people to come over and help you out. I would have been in hysterics.

Paul said...

My word! That's going way, WAY too far! Does he feel that being a, hmm, jerk will garner him a call the next time you need a locksmith? I'm incredulous that he'd make such a deal out of it.

It's good that you had people that you could call, but you shouldn't have had to. His actions strike me as aggressive and hostile.