Saturday, May 24, 2008

I can't wait for them to get here.

I can't wait til Brian and the kids get here. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I already ate breakfast (got up early to make sure I don't give in to a bad breakfast) and I'm getting ready to run some errands before we meet them. We are going on the coal mine tour and then later tonight we may take the kids to the drive-in movie. Its just something that we don't think the kids would ever do. Plus its Indiana Jones which I don't really like, but they'll love.

So, as for the drama on the home front, it continues. I talked to Holly today and we've narrowed it down that it feels like when you are trying to make friends with the "mean girls." The ones that talk to you when there's no one else around, but the rest of the time they stare straight ahead and don't even acknowledge your talking. The conversation ends as soon as you are done talking. Its pretty one sided, like talking to yourself, although that wasn't the intention. I'm at the point where I'm done trying. That's pretty consistent....2 days in to the visit. For Christmas we stayed at a hotel to avoid all of that. Now, I'm wishing I did the same this visit as well. But, if we stayed someplace else the kids wouldn't get to use our old sleeping bags from when we used to stay at Nana & Pop's...Smurfs and My Little Pony.

Grampy's about the same, maybe a little better. They are waiting for a bed so they can transfer him out of ICU. I didn't go to the hospital yesterday but they say he was cranky yesterday. At least he was with it enough to get cranky.

OK, so I'm excited they are coming, frustrated and upset about all the other stuff and I vow to make today a good day. Yesterday was a little bit not good points wise. I'm not going to lie, I didn't count them, but today I am. I'm going to have a good day. That's that.

I'd like to formally congratulate Christy on pooping yesterday. Ha :) Poor girl.

No comments: