Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oy.

$18K. Yep that was our quote for the deck. Last time, the guy gave us a rough estimate of $7K. We weren't expecting 18K. That's a car. At least I can't wreck it and it hopefully will appreciate in value, or at least the house would. He could tell by our faces we didn't like that number. He snipped $ as much as he could and then we made a minor design change which brought the quote to $9500. That's better. More than we expected, but better. The problem is we love the design. Its like he teased us. You could have all this everyday for only $9500. But me being me (sometimes that's not a bad thing--especially when it comes to impulse buys and spending $$) I have to think it over for a very long time. Okay maybe not that long but long enough to now pretend I'm on that landscape design show on HGTV or whatever channel where three designers compete for the job. Now, I just have to find two more designers and have them fight over me. Oh to have three men fight over me. Stop. I'm getting off track. I'm supposed to be typing about decks. Dammit why did it have to look so good? Who knows, maybe we'll decide on using them as our builders, but I don't want to think I could have had something equally good for much less.

On another note, did I mention we love Craig's List? Oh, we do. We're still on a lucky roll with it. A lady is here now buying our lawn mower for $200. And today while Christy-sitting we bought a much friendly lawn mower for our postage stamp yard off her. Brian basically sold the contents of his apartment to a girl who just got her first apartment. How easy was that? Very convenient.
Speaking of Craig's List, we're off to pick up Bella's new used bike. She outgrew last years Barbie version so she's getting an upgrade for $10. Fancy shmancy if you ask me. And she won't know the difference. Plus we get to sell her old one to another loving bike wanting girl.

No comments: