Sunday, June 1, 2008

Polish festival----minus the Polish food

We were all kinds of excited today. We decided to go to Patterson Park in Baltimore and go to the Polish Festival. We thought we'd be dining on pierogies and kielbasa. That was until we got there. There was only one stand with pierogies and they were sold out of potato filled ones. The other Polish stand was sold out of potato pancakes, as well. But we could have had crabcakes, egg rolls, fried Snickers bars, funnel cakes and Greek food. Apparently you don't need to provide Polish food for the Polish festival. We were a bit disappointed. We ended up sharing a Polish sausage sandwich, which tasted a lot like an Italian sausage sandwich, but good anyway. I shouldn't complain--it was nice to go out and do something different though. And, we made nice with some old Polish guy who was ordering us Polish beers in Polish. Actually he was pretty drunk and had his head on my shoulder yelling Polish in my ear until he realized I didn't speak Polish. Once he figured that out he tried to give Brian a quick Polish lesson so he could appropriately order his beer. We did end up with two beers, but I'm convinced the old guy had Brian say something like "I like to drink cat pee" or something. Ha, that's what I would do if I was trying to get someone to speak my language. They wouldn't know the difference.

Supposedly there are various festivals throughout the summer there so we are going to go back to try different foods. As for our pierogies, we stopped at Weis on the way home and got some pierogies for me to make for supper.

We didn't make it to the gym but we did go for a 3o min walk around the neighborhood plus the walking at the festival. Its not great exercise but its better than nothing. I'm looking to see what the class schedule is for the gym tomorrow. Brian's working on the bedroom, so I gotta find something to do out of the house. I should study for my promotional exam at work, but it seems I conveniently find something else to do always instead of study.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey there... we saw Jersey posted on Kijiji. Having worked at a pet store all through highschool and university, I knew I didn't want a puppy. We clicked pretty well with these people, met the dog twice (once at our house, once at theirs) and then decided to take her. I kinda disrespect them a little, mainly for bringing and animal into their house when they didn't have time for her... but the bottom line is, Jersey has a loving home now!

It worked out though. We got all her papers, vet records etc. They were well organized anyways! Now I just have to research on how to change the owner with the CKC. Oh, and we ended up paying $500 for her, and they paid $900 for her.. so it was a good deal too!