Sunday, June 15, 2008

It was edible.

I can cook lunch. I can cook an awesome supper. But, I can't make a breakfast besides cereal to save my life....until today.

I honestly didn't think I knew how. I mean I could do some stuff, but not a whole big breakfast like pancakes, french toast, meat, etc. I still don't know if I could pull off a potato in the mix of everything else, though. Anyway, the girls and I (well, I) made Brian a Father's Day breakfast. I was nervous about it because he does the all of the breakfast cooking. He makes his version of his grandfathers famous French Toast. And then there's the chocolate chip pancakes. For some reason when I try to cook breakfast I burn eggs (smelly) and pancakes end up all over the skillet in one big blob and everything ends up in the garbage disposal and I'm still hungry.

Maybe God felt bad for me today, He helped me. All of my pancakes were round-0k, some were a little more done than others. But it didn't taste like charcoal. The cheesy eggs weren't too bad, but now that I think of it, I was the only one to eat any. The bacon might have been a little overdone, but I like it crunchy. It wasn't Texas toast or Challah bread French toast...just sandwich bread French toast and everything was WW at that. Regardless, I was happy I was able to pull it off. I'm not going to claim it was a wonderful breakfast--it was edible and it was the thought that counts. Brian seemed to enjoy it, but he's good at faking too ;)

No comments: