Friday, June 27, 2008

I want to have a party.

You know, one of those parties where people feel obligated to buy stuff. Creative Memories, Home Interior, Cookie Lee, Pampered Crap (I mean Chef, sorry, I had a Brian moment), something. I don't really know why I want to have one of these parties. The only one where I feel I'd benefit from people buying stuff would be a Creative Memories scrapbooking party. (I started scrapbooking again today for the first time in over 1 1/2 years.) Everything else, well, I'd even feel obligated to buy something. But here's what is holding me back....I don't know if I have anyone to invite. I don't know many people that live around me. And I'd be very afraid if I invited the few people I knew and no one showed up that I'd end up hurt. (Note to people that live by me: If I ever have a party and invite you to it, please don't just come because you're afraid I'll off myself if you don't show up....I'll be okay, I promise!)

In all the houses and places I've lived I've never had a party before. I've been to plenty, though---the one thing I've learned is you definitely need the "right" people at them or 2 hours can feel like a short eternity. I don't even know what other kind of parties there are. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Christy said...

Ummm, how about just a regular party without the sales pitch? Or we could do something crafty. Remember when you were little and a group of girls would get together at someone's house and make cookies or Christmas ornaments or something? Or at least have a sex toy party.

Anonymous said...

I had a candle party.That is a fun party. Everyone loves candles.

Caroline said...

I tagged you, so check out my blog!

Holly said...

Whatever you decide on having, let me know! They are all so much fun. Although Christy has fabulous ideas.

Rick Radinsky said...

You could have a Passion Party. Everyone could talk about dildos. Shape, size, hell, even texture and color. Find one similar to your mates, or completely opposite (can you say Donkey Kong Deluxe). Just a suggestion. Candles are fun, but with dildos, there is no risk of burning down your house.

Sarah said...

I should have thought that post through a little more before writing it.

Rick, Brian would like to thank you for writing what he was thinking (minus the donkey kong deluxe part I'd imagine.)