Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Damn gas prices...

I'm now one of the millions of Americans that have changed their plans because of the price of gas. Well, indirectly. Like I mentioned before, we were supposed to meet Rick, Holly & family in San Diego. That's not going to be able to happen now with the costs of airfare rising, not to mention a rental car/gas, admissions to parks, food, etc. I'm kinda bummed about San Diego because I really wanted to go. But on the other hand, Holly told us we can go to their house in Tucson instead, which I'm kind of looking forward to. I think it will be less stressful, not worry about our money situation, etc. Plus lugging the kids around in a plane and rental then sticking them in a hotel. Brian and I talked it over and would have preferred to get either a suite or a vacation rental...something that there are seperate bedrooms and living quarters as well as an area to cook so we didn't have to eat out constantly. Maybe the trip can happen next year. As for now, we'll be headed to "dry heat" as Brian keeps telling me. Heat is heat. :)

2 comments:

Sydney Paige said...

I've been here since Sept. '00 and STILL haven't adjusted to the heat. It's not that bad, I will say, but it is still hot. Heat is heat, but, it is a "dry heat". Blah Blah...

Paul said...

Just imagine what a 100 with humidity would feel like!