Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Deliciousness

I just had a McDonald's Sausage & Egg biscuit sandwich with a hash brown and diet Coke and it was wonderful. It was worth every bit of the gagillion points it consists of. Honestly, I haven't any idea how many points it is worth, but based on the taste, I'd venture to say if I wanted to stay within my points range for today I probably should skip lunch and maybe opt for Cheerios for supper. But who cares. It was worth it. Sometimes you just gotta dip into the extra points and enjoy a meal.

The last week has been crazy. I mean crazy crazy. Its 6am and I just got home from the hospital. I dropped Bella off there yesterday afternoon and was to spend the night there with Brandon and Brian. Bri and I both felt under the weather, but attribute it to lack of sleep and just overall stress from the past week. I had a little bit of a cough yesterday and my voice got hoarse but it seemed like my normal allergies. I know I'm allergic to mold and I'd venture to say the hospital room has a few spores growing. But this morning, I woke up all kinds of stuffy, coughing, and sounding like a frog so Brian told me to go home. He made it seem like he was looking out for me but I really think he was trying to steal the chair/bed I had. :0) I'm pretty sure my "allergies" have turned into a sinus infection or something. Who knows what I've caught while there. And I'm not completely convinced Brian is "well" either, but he's going to stick by Brandon's side no matter what. Since the only real treatment for Brandon these days is continuous antibiotics, Brian doesn't need to stick around as much to wait for the doctor's rounds/plan. When Brandon's mom shows up Brian promised he'd come home and sleep for a while. I figure a days worth of sleep will do us both good. I'll probably run over to "doc in a box" to get an antibiotic myself. But like Brian said, with all the antibiotics Brandon's on I don't think we need to worry about him getting sick.

Speaking of Brandon, he's doing a million times better. When I got there yesterday he looked like a completely different kid than the one we took care of Saturday night. He was up and playing video games, watching TV.....I knew he felt better when he started squirting me with water from a syringe. (Damn respiratory therapist had to tell Brandon a John the Baptist knock-knock joke which ends with someone getting squirted with water. Brandon has no idea who John the Baptist even is or the significance of the water, but he thinks its the greatest thing in the world.) He ate a whole plate full of spaghetti, then had two slices of pizza with Brian and I last night. I brought Brian's laptop down so we had a pizza/movie party in the room last night. Its kind of crazy to me that in a kids hospital they don't come equipped with DVD players. There was a VCR but it had a note stuck to it saying "doesn't work 6/5/04." What the hell? In 4 years, no one could get it replaced? They had to get the TV replaced yesterday because it was all blue. Brandon is doing nothing but hanging out in bed, so they figured they could at least get him a working TV.

Even better news....Brandon pooped last night and it was the most beautiful shade of orange. Ok, that's gross and I gave Holly shit the other day for posting about her son's colorful poop, but after seeing nothing but a GI bleed for 4+ days, orange was a very welcome sight. He's finally getting better. The plan for him is to keep him on 3 different antibiotics, two of them IV, for at least the next 48 hours. That means the earliest he can come home is Friday. He's obviously doing much better, but he's still sick. It takes everything out of him to walk to the bathroom or sit in a chair for 15 minutes, but its progress and we'll take it.

I knew my house was a mess, but I guess over the past few days I didn't realize just HOW much of a mess it is. I don't even know where to start. Everything got put on hold. Just to get to the computer I stepped on a Shrek baby, fumbled over a pair of purple fuzzy slippers, almost slipped on a mini police car and stared at pile of bills. But its all going to have to wait. I'm sure I'll be more motivated after some sleep. And now that my crazy week is over, I can get more on track with WW. I'm impressed though. I did NO stress eating through all of this. I may not have thought out every item that went in my mouth, but I can say I didn't eat just because. The only thing I am kinda pissed about is the hospital cafeteria apparently has a Weight Watchers menu. Brian supposedly pointed it out to me and I acknowledged it but I think it was one of those "yes dear" conversations. Usually they are the other way around where Brian's nodding and smiling at me but not hearing a word coming out of my mouth. He was on the receiving end of it yesterday. Maybe if I go back tonight or tomorrow I'll try something off the menu.

As for now, I have to find out just how many points my deliciousness was for this morning and then head off to sleepyland.

No comments: