Monday, June 23, 2008

You really can get a lot done early....

Anyone that has spent any real amount of time with me knows I am not a morning person. Which is ironic because I have to get up quite early for work. But on my days off, I could easily sleep til noon. Today, we were up with the chickens. The patio guy came at 8am to go over our contract. We got up before 7, were showered and dressed and even cleaned up the house before he arrived. After he left, we got all kinds of stuff done. Well, I don't know about Brian, but I did. I dropped him off at the doctors, went to the bank to deposit $, went to the grocery store, got gas, returned a DVD, shipped some packages....all the stuff I've been putting off for weeks. After his appointment was over, we went for a pizza lunch (it is Pizza Monday, you know). So, it was only 12:30 and I didn't know what to do. That is just about the time I "start" my day. Today I was almost done. I did some ironing til I felt like I did enough and now I'm just catching up on some emails, etc. 1:45pm and I've got nothing to do. Well, I could study but I think I'm going to nap instead. We plan on making a few suppers tonight for the week. Since I've dished out some $$ for the new patio (I say new, but really they are just going to "cleanup" what's out there now) we've got to be a bit more frugal with our spending. I wish I didn't have to. Not that I overspend by any means, but I like having a comfortable cushion. I'm getting a little too close to comfort to that cushion so I think some stuff is going to have to wait a few weeks. That means more cooking in and less eating out. That's okay, its probably better for us anyway. With all the craziness that has been going on over the past month or so, we've gotten very much out of our normal routine. Maybe this will help jump start it again. I'm hoping by Thursday I'll feel like going to the gym again. My nose is still running a bit and that cough comes back to attack me every once in a while....I just want to make sure I'm rid of this infection and everything before I try to overdo it. And, although today was very productive, don't think of stopping by for coffee early in the morning anytime soon. All you're going to get is a brown front door with no one answering. I'm sticking to my mornings in bed. :)

No comments: