Friday, April 2, 2010

What's wrong? Nothing

We have a new pacing, drooly, panting dog. Tails are wagging, fur is flying, and there's toys everywhere. Unfortunately, we've got a sad kid on our hands. The boy is all upset because Rio won't be living at mommy's house anymore. It kills me that he is so upset. We try so hard to keep their lives as "normal" as possible but unfortunately their sense of normalcy repeatedly gets disrupted. We had a long chat and I think he feels better. Its just so hard when you see anger, sadness, or frustration in a kids face and when asked about it they say, "nothing." I don't want these kids to grow up keeping their emotions on the inside. I don't want them to be an emotional basket case when they grow up.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

You must have done a wonderful job talking to Brandon about it because he was sounding fairly good. I had him laughing because Rio's tail almost knocked the kids down when they were little. I have reminisced with Brandon many times about Rio's tail. So, when he told me Rio was living their now, I said, "Oh no, Brandon. His tail is going to get me again and we'll have to hold on to Carter so he doesn't fall over from it". Brandon found that funny and I'm sure he can't wait until I visit to make sure Rio does to me what he knows he'll do....lol. You made the best out of a hard situation.