Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Combining programs

The last two or three days I've been eating every few hours like Elizabeth, the dietitian I went to taught me. What a word of difference now that I've coordinated that with WW! I've given myself a max of how many points I can have per "meal" which has allowed me to get creative. I'm trying to stick to her suggestions of a fat, a protein, and a carb per meal/snack. I've stayed within my points which I gotta say over the past few weeks was really hard for me to do. I'm not hungry at all and I've been enjoying what I've been eating. A few more weeks and it will become a good habit!

BTW...I stuck to my no pizza thing last week. I haven't had pizza, besides Lean Cuisine, for 10 days. I can hardly believe it!

3 comments:

jo said...

I eat small, frequents, too. I've also tried to make sure I get protein/fat each meal (carbs are never a problem.) It helps so much. Glad you're having success with it! =)

Gina said...

Pass some of this wisdom on over my way. I am going in the wrong direction. I have been thinking about doing the WW thing since I did it about 10 years ago and it worked really well. All I know is I HAVE to get back on track before I gain all the weight back that I had lost. That would be a bit of a blow and I don't want to go there. Keep up the great work! I am motivated reading how well you are doing and even when you struggle you are able to get back on track! Great job!

-Gina

Sarah said...

LOL Gina, there's about 2 years worth of post you can read about me being on and off track. More off than on...hence the weight gain!

Its just finally clicking or I want it bad enough. I don't know what it is but at this point, I'm not about to question it. The scale is finally going down!!

I do find that the blogs I read (the positive entertaining ones...stay away from negative) have been a tremendous help for me. It keeps me grounded and reminds me that everyone with weight issues has or will have the same issues I am.