Thursday, April 29, 2010

A pat on my back, by me.

Ahhh, work. I'm not even going to get into the stressors or work because, let's be serious...we all have them. Why would you want to hear mine on top of yours? But, can I tell you HOW I handled a stressor yesterday? Oh, I know you want me to, so I'll just assume implied consent and keep moving along....

I got moved around from station to station yesterday which was frustrating to say the least. I was struggling to get a final evaluation done on a guy who's last shift was yesterday. (He's retiring...lucky him!!) Between calls and other nonsense, I felt like I was running out of hours in the day. Supper time came and the station I was assigned to cooks every shift. The meal of choice? Of course it was a special one since it was Fred's last shift: Fettucine Alfredo with chicken thighs and provolone cheese. And garlic bread. "Be part of the team. Do you bring your own food to a restaurant with you?" Oh, how I would have loved to eat that meal, but it would become part of my inner thighs and there's just not much more room there.

So, I ate with them, but had the Dijon Pork Chops, roasted cauliflower, applesauce, and roasted potatoes I made the night before. Ok, I splurged when it was all said and done and had a slice of garlic bread, but I had the points for it. The company or conversation didn't change--just my food did.

3 comments:

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

Good for you!! That would've been tough, but your dinner sounded better! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sending you a pat on the back!

Anonymous said...

So PROUD of you. These little daily battles is how the war will be won CONGRADS to your strength!