Friday, April 9, 2010

See Sarah run.

Good news. Its working. I've gained a little bit of endurance!

I was on a medic unit yesterday again, instead of being the sector officer. So for 24 hours I was lugging around equipment, working on patients, just generally up and about. The power went out after some storms and that made finding some of the front doors to apartment complexes that much harder. We did a lot more walking than we normally would had we been able to see completely. It was on one call, around 10pm, that I realized, although I was still walking slower than everyone else, I was NOT out of breath. I felt good.

Then today, I took Dumb Dog #1 and Dumb Dog #2 out to play. Dumb Dog #1 chased two birds then a squirrel in which Dumb Dog #2 felt the need to chase everyone....
In the woods, behinds the neighbors town homes, a quick stop at everyone's front door...I was pissed. Finally I decided to run (up the hill) to grab Remi's (Dumb Dog #1) collar and get him back to the house. I felt awkward running. I definitely wasn't agile, but, again, I wasn't out of breath. I had plenty of breath in me to tell Remi what I was thinking of him at that very moment.

**Yea!** for being able to move and breath!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Fantastic! I bet it felt so good! Great job! Keep it up girl!! If you get a chance...pass some of that sweet motivation my way!!

-Gina