Saturday, April 24, 2010

team next steps

I walked in my first 5k today. Wow, am I'm worn out. I thought I would be all energized afterward but I'm whooped. I think the forty minute car ride home did me in. I could barely get out of the car! I'm proud of the accomplishment and more so with the fact that I was able to breathe the entire time. It felt good to sweat. But for now, I'm taking advantage of nap time since I have to finish out my shift at work tonight. Who am I kidding? I'd be napping even if I didn't have to go back to work!

Congrats to team Next Steps on earning over $12k! Debbie should be proud!

4 comments:

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!!! I ran my first 5k last summer and I had never been a runner before. It was a great feeling. I am doing the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k next Saturday, but I will be walking, not running!!

Anonymous said...

That is AWSOME! Congrads.

Shelley said...

I forgot it was today and would have wished you luck last night. It's great you were able to walk that distance. Hooray for you!!

Sarah said...

I definitely wouldn't be able to run but was quite impressed I was able to talk the ENTIRE time. Its amazing what a little bit of activity will do for you. And, although I bitch and complain about my weight, honestly, I was much more concerned about my health. Being so out of breath at the age of 29 was not what I was planning on, but I'm glad I'm on the turn around. Maybe this time next year, I'll be running. Baby steps is what its all about!