Saturday, April 10, 2010

From my pantry to yours....

I went to Super Walmart tonight and bought all kinds of groceries. Money has been a little bit tight lately, so we've just been buying as we need....no big orders in a while. I bought as much fresh fruits and veggies as I could and then the rest of the pantry items, I bought to be portion friendly. It seems like everyone makes a 100 calorie pack these days. Sometimes its more expensive, but I figure the 100 calorie bags of Utz chips was a better idea than the huge 1,000,000 oz (ok it just seems that big) bag of chips that I can devour in no time.

Out with the old, in with the new. Tomorrow morning, or later today since its already morning, I'm going to empty out our pantry and restock it with stuff we actually eat. Novel concept, right? As for everything else? I'm going to see if Brian's cousin and wife will accept non-perishable food donations at the food pantry they run in PA. Its all perfectly good food....Hamburger Helper, Pasta-Roni, canned veggies I don't eat anymore, cereal that's never been opened, etc. Now that I've been on track with my eating for over about three weeks I need it outta my house!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a great idea to get all of that junk out of the house. That means less temptation when you want something to nibble on. I did it myself and it helped alot.