Saturday, April 3, 2010

Oy. My aching butt.

I rode my bike with Brandon yesterday. I probably only rode about a mile or two total, but the circle outside our house has hills on either side. It wasn't until I started pedaling my heart out when I really learned just how much of an incline there was. Normally I hate the bike, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. Maybe riding in circles did it for me. I think other times, while on a trail, I can keep riding straight til I get tired, but once I'm tired, I don't want to turn around and ride back to the starting point. The problem is, most of the time I have no idea where/when to determine the halfway point is so I can turn around and be tired just in time to finish. We talked about riding around the trail by the airport in Baltimore. I think I could probably handle that as a starter. I keep trying to do some sort of activity, even though I'm not really tracking it. Finding out the hard way, I learned if I know how many APs I earn, I will spend the same amount by eating.

Its hard to say how I've done this week so far. I haven't stepped on the scale at all. Part of me wants to just to see while another part wants it to be a complete surprise at my meeting Tuesday. I just don't want to get to WW and find out my 3rd weigh in was a major gain or something.

Do you weigh yourself at home, between WW weigh-ins?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never weighed myself at home between weigh ins at WW meetings, I just felt like if I saw a gain halfway through the week I might get too hard on myself, or if I saw a loss I might slack for the rest of the week.. I didn't find it productive! Now that I've stopped going to meetings, I just weigh myself at home once weekly to keep my weight in check

Anonymous said...

I cannot stay away from the scale. I weigh myself every morning which I totally do NOT recommend. A tiny gain can affect my entire day.

UNCOVERINGTHEREALme said...

I can't weigh myself because I don't have a scale at home. I think I'd become to obsessed anyway and I don't really trust any other scale other than the one at weight watchers now. Even the one at the doctor I hate...its told me I weighed 208 when I had just had a ww weigh in at 197! Thats seriously just wrong.