Thursday, April 1, 2010

My kryptonite

What brings me tumbling to my knees, causes me to have absolutely ZERO control and near death (of a weight loss plan anyway)? Ledo's pizza. It pains me to say my partner yesterday, whom I thought was my Batman, threw this deadly concoction at me and each little, bitty square fell just perfectly in my mouth.

They say you can get addicted to cocaine after one hit. If true, Ledo's pizza may be held in the same classification as cocaine. The sauce....so sweet. The little bite size squares....so cute. The perfectly crunchy crust...so crunchy. Thick cut pepperoni that lives in the center of each square. Pepperoni with EVERY bite....ummmm, what pepperoni lover WOULDN'T eat that?

In all seriousness I was prepared. I had points. I ordered the salad to eat with the pizza, but then all hell broke loose. It was call after call at work. I told my partner I was okay (didn't need to eat) as he was eating while I was driving. But after two more calls, I was hungry. The salad was a no go. Salads are a completely impractical meal to eat while trying to look in a mapbook for directions and bouncing down the road. Little squares of deliciousness? Very practical.

I had two of the 2x2 squares then went in to treat a patient. We transported to the hospital where I had a few more while writing my report. Then there was another call which turned into a few more slices. I have really no idea what my total score was with respect to pizza squares. All I know is I lost it. Initially, I picked up a square and that stupid good angel on my shoulder whispered, "Weightwatchers, Weightwatchers." I think the bad angel just off'd her because for subsequent squares Miss Goodie-Goodie was no where to be found. Its like I was a kid who just found the hidden box of cookies. There was literally no stopping me. I gotta say, when all was said and done, it truly was concerning to me. This is one of the first times that I literally had no control. I'm thinking Ledo's pizza may be on my, "no way Jose" (big throw out to my little man Carter) list. If I can't practice portion control, I can't have any.

Damn kryptonite. Does this make me a superwoman now? I should order my "S" shirts tomorrow. My luck they'd be mistaken for the scarlet letter or something.....

5 comments:

UNCOVERINGTHEREALme said...

I'm the exact same way with Lasagna. ^_^ Nice to hear that another weight watcher has the same struggles too!

Sarah said...

I found out without pepperoni its 3 points a slice. There's 30 slices in a large tray, 15 in a medium, and I don't know how many in a small...9 maybe?

UNCOVERINGTHEREALme said...

oh man that does not sound good...but hey allowance points right?

Sarah said...

thankfully

Anonymous said...

Everyone has their krypto you just have to chalk this one up to a lesson learned and take tomorrow as another day.