Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A much needed workout.

After reading my last post about fifty times over I decided to make tonight about me. I was sitting around waiting for Brian to come home from a class he took in DC and I realized the first step to focusing on me is to make a "me" decision. So I got my new phone, some headphones, a water bottle, and a pen and paper to write, "I went to the YMCA." Just then, of course, Brian walked in the house. Usually that would cause me to put everything down and sit and chat but I needed to go workout some frustrations. I've been eyeing up a recumbent bike workout I found on someone's blog and today, I decided, was the day I was going to do it.

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I have honestly not worked out that hard in years. It was wonderful. I loved it. I couldn't finish the workout which disappoints me a bit, but I can't say I didn't give it my all. I can only imagine the faces I was making during the hard intervals. During my recovery phases I thought I was going to puke each time. After the first ten minutes, my recovery phases were lasting longer than thirty seconds and closer to sixty. I couldn't pedal hard enough to get the RPMs where they needed to be, but I pedaled as hard and fast as I possibly could. After seventeen minutes, I could do no more. I tried, but I was spent. The best thing I can compare the workout to was a spin class I took two years ago.

So, I have a workout. I'm going to work on this workout until I can do it like its written. Then, I will try the blogger's other workouts. I felt good. It felt real good.