Friday, April 9, 2010

Tune up

I can't remember if I ever told you any of my bicycling adventures. Like when Brian and I thought it would be fun to take a trip to Jim Thorpe, PA, stay in an old mansion turned bed and breakfast, and go bike riding on old train tracks. How romantic, right? Sure, til we almost killed each other because it was the worst ride of my life. I kept telling him it was so hard to ride and my legs and butt hurt. He told me I was a wuss and to keep going. That was the last time I did any serious riding....about 2 or 3 years ago.

I posted a few days ago my ride around the circle with Brandon. I was still cussing to Brian about the gears not shifting right and how much my butt and legs hurt from riding, but again, I chalked it up to being a wuss and out of shape. Maybe biking just isn't for me.

But then, yesterday, I got a call from Brian. I could tell by his voice, whatever his story was going to be was going to be a good one. And, boy, was I right! He told me he took the bikes to the shop for a tune up. The bike guy put mine on the rack and asked if the bike was hard to ride. Brian told the guy about my shifting problems and complaining in general. The bike guy said, "I'd guess so. The rear brake has been constantly on, and the gears area all messed up."

I so needed to hear that yesterday. I knew it wasn't that hard to ride a bike. Now that it's all ready to go, I'm looking forward to some riding.

2 comments:

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

I need to get a bike-I miss riding one. I can't even imagine what hell it must have been to ride your bike with the stupid brake on!

Sarah said...

The little jab at Brian making fun of me all that time, didn't hurt either!! :)