Thursday, April 15, 2010

To Sleep or Not to Sleep?

Ugh. Night #3. Or is it 4? I can't remember. All I know is every minute awake when you want to be sleeping is like an eternity. I know I slept from 11:45pm til 1:15am. I was up til almost 3:30-4am toss and turning (sorry, Bri), trying new beds/couches/pillows, turning the fan off and turning the fan on. I changed pajamas thinking I was too hot or too cold. I had a glass of milk and some crackers. I made the couch up in the basement thinking if I got one of the cats to snuggle with me, their purring would put me to sleep. Instead, all I could think about was how cool it would be to make the basement into a master suite. I had it all planned out in my head....a wood stove for the winter time, it would be consistently cool in the summer....a little couch area for movie watching. Don't forget the lower deck that faces the lake. Brian could have a little coffee area set up so he can go right out and enjoy coffee every morning. I was so excited then, I was like a little kid waiting for everyone else to wake up the morning before a trip. I couldn't wait to tell Brian my ideas.

I got up when everyone else did and had some breakfast. While the kids were getting ready for school, Rio was laying on our bed so I laid next to him petting him. Next thing I knew, it was 935am. I guess I got a good hour of sleep in. So, my theory? I have to kick Brian out of the bed and move animals into it. LOL. J/K.

But here's the problem: I'm crazy when I'm supposed to be sleeping. But, off the medicine, my head was so clear, not "hungover." I had a wonderfully productive day yesterday. Its almost like I have to choose...perks during the day or night?

PS. We're totally moving the master down into the basement. As I was typing this, six of my duck friends were just hanging out steps away from our bottom deck. I love them. I could watch them all day long. Maybe I should start counting ducks to fall asleep.....

1 comment:

Gina said...

Sounds quite familiar. My husband has been going through the same thing! Sounds like you just can't quiet your mind enough to be able to go to sleep! Sounds like you at least made the most of it :)