Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On the road again...

Last weekend we were in Richmond. Right now, we're headed to Cleveland.

I wish I could say our trip to Ohio was for pleasure, but its not. Our friend's father passed away, so Brian, Remi, and I are headed to his funeral which is at 11am today. That meant last minute shopping for funeral clothes. Luckily I found a dress and a sweater for next to nothing. I went high class and shopped at Walmart. LOL. I didn't want to spend a lot because I'm hoping I won't fit in a dress this size long. I even went all out and bought pantyhose. I think the last time I wore them was at my wedding. I had pantyhose on, but those ended up in the trash at the rest stop, just like the pantyhose did at my wedding.

I felt like a second-grader who comes home with her tights all bunchy around her ankles. The nylons apparently were too big, but the control top was acting like a tourniquet. Then I was falling out of my shoes because my feet couldn't "stick" to the bottom of my shoes. (I'm a real girly girl. Can't you tell?) Luckily the dress is flowing so I don't think it will be a real issue later. I did, however, forget my makeup at home on the bathroom counter, so now I'm all self-conscious about not having my face done up. Thankfully the acne stuff is finally under control but I just like looking a bit more finished. Brian says I look fine, but I think it says he has to say that in Chapter 3 of the boyfriend handbook.

Our drive is proving to be entertaining. Brian was mad because I wasn't talking to him (I was sleeping). Then when I started talking to him when I woke up he told me I was getting him lost (in a parking lot). Now he just let out a big, "whoa!" so I looked up thinking a car in front of us just rolled over or something. Nope. Just a Bob's Big Boy billboard. And Remi is being a perfect angel in the back in his new pop-up crate. Its like one of those pop-up hampers, only its a box for him. Its definitely a much quieter ride than when he's in his metal crate with a plastic liner. Claws on plastic is like nails on a chalkboard.

Neither of us have been to Ohio before. I hope we get a chance to go into Cleveland since we'll only be 20-30 minutes away. Maybe we can stop by the A Christmas Story house. LOL. I think its cool the house actually exists. I'd rather meet Drew Carey for a beer in his kitchen.

The family that we are visiting has a vineyard. They grow concord grapes for Welch's. Cool, isn't it? I think delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your loss and pantyhose in my opinion are tourture. I have not worn any since 1996 and I plan to NEVER wear them again for the exact reasons you mentioned LOL.