Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh, balls!

I haven't been in over a week, but today I went back to the chiropractors for a good back crack and some exercises. They've made all of my exercises ball-based now which look so easy. Until you try to do them. Holy hell, I was so embarrassed! There were exercises that no matter HOW hard I tried, I physically couldn't do them. Like, balancing on the ball via my thighs then lift my leg and my alternate arm. I couldn't do it. I couldn't balance! We made some adjustments in my positioning so I could complete the exercises, but I was frustrated to say the least. What didn't help was the wall of mirrors to kick my brain back into reality. In my eyes, I looked like a seal trying to gracefully balance on the ball. It wasn't cute.

I came home with six or so exercises. I have an appointment next Saturday at the same time. There WILL be an improvement and George (the exercise guy) will notice it and compliment me on my progress. (Just so this happens, will someone call George and let him know his lines?)

On the food subject, I thought the meal plan Elizabeth gave me was too many calories. Yeah, why would I think that seeing as though she's the DIETITIAN. I'm so stubborn sometimes. Anyway, like I said last post, I'm combining her plan with WW. I ate this wonderful breakfast of eggs, toast and cheese with a snack of a pear and was completely full. I just sat down and logged it all into eTools thinking I'm going to be off track....nope. I'm only 7 points into my day. I still have 20 to go and its already 1pm. I haven't been on track like this, and not starving, in forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your weight loss. I too struggle and it is a constant thing but help from a dietrition and WW can sure help. You may also wanna peek at thedailyplate.com seemed to help me a bit. Good Luck!