Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I ran the length of a toaster.

That sounds absurd doesn't it?

I was a little bit bummed with myself because I didn't get my walk on the treadmill at work yesterday like I hoped for. Today I decided to go to this park I've never been to before and walk around its track (0.9 mile) a few times. I was thinking about how I hate "activity" even though I really don't in general. I like the feeling afterward, but I dislike treadmills, cardio equipment and classes. I hate watching the time tick by on my walk to no where. I'm good on a cardio machine if NCIS is on, I'm good, but as soon as a commercial starts, so does the longest three minutes of my life.

I was being silly this afternoon "dancing" with the dog. He was all rambunctious and in playing with him, I ended up doing this stay in place trot. At the time, I was toasting my bread for my sandwich. I decided to run in place until the toast popped. I have absolutely no idea how long it takes for toast to pop, but I can tell you when you are running in place waiting for it to happen, it definitely take about an externity longer than it does to get all the fixins' out of the fridge while the bread toasts any other time. My heart was definitely pumping.

Next? I put some waffle fries (perfectly portioned) on a cookie sheet while the oven was pre-heating. I looked over and it was 300 degrees. 150 degrees to go til it was ready to cook. I ran in place. OMG it has to take about 3 months for that oven to pre-heat. But I got activity in. And probably a few minutes worth. I'm finding I'm good with activity and movement if I'm not focused on a time frame when I "can" be done. Maybe it means I'll start running in place while the shower water heats up (what a visual...ew), or while I wait for the kids brush their teeth before bed. A little here and a little there have to add up eventually. I'm interested to know just how much.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

great job squeezing in exercise!

Anonymous said...

Every little bit helps good creative thinking :). How was Ruth Chris?

Sarah said...

Ruth's Chris was good. The company was great, which was good because Brian only knew 1 person going in. I'm not a huge steak person -- it was good though. I got a petit with shrimp and potatoes. The veggie was creamed spinach (yuk) so I skipped that but enjoyed my salad.