Thursday, March 11, 2010

Do-right in the do right zone.

I'm not counting today as a do-over day. I'm counting it as my much needed "do-right" day.

I only brought snacks to work so I had to buy all my meals. I started my day off at Panera Bread and had a super delicious egg and cheese on ciabatta. Snack time (yes, I might be in kindergarten...minus the naptime) consisted of a WW mozzarella string cheese and 7 oz of strawberries. Lunch was DELICIOUS. I was craving chicken strips so I stopped by Chickfila and had a crispy chicken salad. I figured it was a better choice than chicken strips, potato wedges, and a biscuit. OMG it was wonderful! It was 13 points, which for some of you is nearly all your points for the day (LOTS of points a day is the one benefit of being a big girl...) but I loved every one of them. I'm glad I indulged in it because I didn't eat supper until 10pm which was a lean cuisine pizza. For my sweet, I got a mini bag (1pt) of kettle corn. At some point there was a snack of almonds but I can't remember when. I ended up 3 points over my target.

I exercised. My schedule at work got all messed up so I ended up at a different firehouse around 7pm. I was a little annoyed for various reasons so I decided to vent (without talking) and walk it out on the treadmill. It worked. I walked for 30 minutes then did some lifting with free weights while I watched NCIS (did I ever mention my love for my future husband DiNozzo?) and House. Luckily I wasn't interrupted by any 911 calls so I got the full workout in, plus a shower.

My motivation to "do-right" today? My ill fitting uniform pants. I've been down this road before, I know. But, today they were particularly uncomfortable. I've been hiding all winter under bulky sweatshirts. Today, even though it was warm, I didn't want to take my sweatshirt off because I didn't want anyone to see just how much my pants were pulling. I can't spend a whole summer like that. Throw in some sweat with a hot day and its going to be bad news bears for me (and my pants).

After seeing Elizabeth, I feel I have the knowledge to make good decisions. I proved I can do it one day. I can make one day two. And two days three. I have to work on my emotional eating and increasing my exercise. Maybe changing the word exercise to activity will help. I have to keep the house (and my car, bag, etc.) stocked with healthy snacks. I have to keep cooking. I have to stop doing things in parts...like eat good one day, cook another, exercise another. I have to do them all. Always. Remembering that is hard to do some days.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Scary thing is even though you don't know me I can really relate to exactly what you are struggling with and I find myself smiling and nodding as I read how your day went! You have the right attitude and it sounds like you know what you need to do.....it's the doing it ......right? Step by step you can do this! Thank you so much for sharing your day.....

Anonymous said...

Great job on today. Something that helped me was to focus on one thing until I got it right. Focus on exercising every day and not worry about the rest for 3 weeks. Once I got myself in a habit of that then start to work on the food. I found it easier to break it into phase 1 and phase 2. You are inspiring me. I have been mostly watching what I eat but have been sadly lacking in the exercising department.