Saturday, March 13, 2010

Family workout

We're headed south to Richmond. The first half of the trip was crappy with all the rain, but we've just past Warrenton and it finally stopped. I have to say, I'm quite excited about Ruths Chris. Everyone has been talking about it. Knowing its free makes it even tastier! :)

I did stick to my plan and got up early this morning and worked out. I did a Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk that was on Exercise TV. Brian and the kids walked in just as I started. Usually I'm all embarrassed because in my head I look ridiculous. I used to not allow even the kids to watch me. In their usual fashion, the kids started their fake, obnoxious laughing. Instead of me making my usual "face" to Brian indicating the kids had to find a new place to hang out for 30 minutes, I told them to join me. Even I was a little shocked once the words came out. For a little less than 10 minutes they worked out with me. We held hands as we "walked" back and forth and pretended we were the Rockettes when it came time to do our kicks. I have to say it was fun. They got tired and watched the remaining 20 minutes. Actually they were watching the timer in the top corner of the TV screen because I told them they could play Wii when I finished. They could care less about me at that point.

We dropped the kids off at Brian's parents and got to see Carter and Amy, and Bird which was a pleasant surprise as I didn't know they were going to be there. Mommom had lunch out which was perfect. Matzah ball soup, mini turkey sandwiches, kugel, baked tortilla chips and salsa, and grapes. Ok, maybe I had a cookie and half of a brownie.

I wish I had some sort of witty story to tell, but I can't come up with anything. I'm just happy I stuck to my guns and worked out this morning. I only earned two APs, but its better than the zero I've been earning lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job for working out! Have fun tonight and everything there IS slathered in butter but OH SO GOOD!

Chandana said...

Hi,

Nice blog.

Here's a blog that will provide for your spiritual needs.

This blog has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of GOD.
These will teach us how to have GOD in all the aspects of our lives and allow GOD's rule over every matter.

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading.

God bless you.