Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crackberry

Come Wednesday (or Thursday), I will be a Crackberry, I mean Blackberry, user like the rest of the world. It took me a little longer than everyone else, solely because I'm cheap. I couldn't see spending money on a cell phone. The one I had worked just fine. It made calls, it rang when someone called me, it sent text messages and it even gave me access to my email, even though I had to pay for it.

I had to call Verizon today for some information about my account when the ever so chipper Maria wanted to know if I was interested in upgrading my phone. I'm due you know. 2 years went by fast. So, I asked some questions and found out I could get the phone for free. (I like free.) And with the data package, I really would only end up paying an extra $5 or so a month once its all said and done. So I did it. Now, will I end up like those people who annoy me that are always texting (I know, I used to be one of those people in a previous life) or checking emails or replying to emails, especially while driving? (Brian?) Did my inside voice come out a little? Sorry. I hope not. I've never had a smartphone before, except when I have to at work. The one at work has very limited features so I don't think I really know what I'm in for.

Here's to technology!

No comments: