Friday, March 12, 2010

Everythings better with butter.

Brian and I are headed to Ruths Chris tomorrow for the 15th anniversary of his part time job. They're paying for dinner, drinks, and a hotel room. There are perks to not working for the government, I guess! Anyway...Ruths Chris. First off, I've never been there before. Secondly, everyone tells me they lather everything in butter. I gotta say I'm a little nervous about how it will affect my eating for the day. I'm hoping I can get a workout or two in just to accrue, so to speak, some extra points.

2 comments:

Ken McDaniel said...

Butter is great for cooking! Ever watch Puala Dean on the food network?

Christy said...

First of all, I LOVE Ruth Chris. Steak expert that I am, locally it is the best chain. Which one are you going to? Second, you customize your steak for "butter", "light butter", or no butter. I recommend light butter. Order the petit filet (it will be plenty) and then have a side or two. The sides are served family style and are delicious! Sweet potato casserole is a favorite. Mushrooms are also good or broccoli (have them hold the cheese). Never had the asparagus, but it looks good too. I also love the garlic roasted mashed potatoes.

You'll have a great time!! Enjoy it.