Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I heart Sparkpeople.com

I just finished day #2 utilizing sparkpeople.com to journal my food and I am in love with it. I know I did it once before and didn't stick with it, but this time its so different. Everything that has gone in my mouth is logged in my journal. Even the extra hot dog that I tried to talk myself out of journaling from today's lunch. That, my friends, is why I failed at Weightwatchers. Yes, I know I was only "hurting" myself, but in my head it made me feel better if I accidentally on purpose forgot to journal a bite, a food, or a meal each day. In my head, I was on plan because my journal said I was eating 28 points and not going over. Hell with all the other unaccounted for garbage that went in my body. My theory on life: if I don't say it or acknowledge it---it never happened. LOL. NOT a good outlook to have.

So, am I still cheating myself? No way Jose, as Carter would say. I'm counting everything even if it really sucks writing it down. Its amazing just how disappointed you can make yourself when you have to be honest. Today I went to a Memorial Day party when it was almost over. Partly, it worked out that way because I slept a good portion of the day since I worked last night. But I purposefully avoided the prime eating time once I woke up because I knew if I got there, I'd eat all kinds of stuff. I love me some BBQ/picnic food---hence our wedding menu. Anyway, once I got there, I had self-control. I drank only the water from my water bottle, even though they had this HUGE container full of homemade lemonade--and I love lemonade. I avoided all the snacks and chips and had a plateful of cucumbers without dip. I did have a piece of cake, but it was small....and I even took a piece home and weighed it so I would know exactly how much it weighed so I could accurately log it in. (NO! I did not eat the 2nd piece of cake. It was a Costco cake, so some is for Brian and some is for tomorrow! Don't be jealous, Amy.) I'm finding "meals" like ham and WW pepper jack cheese with mustard on a bagel thin is very satisfying and fairly low in calories.

Even though I don't want to do it, I started incorporating some exercise. Yesterday even though I was hot and busy and had things to do I made time to play basketball at work. Amazing. It didn't feel like a workout because I liked it and my competitiveness came out. I felt great afterward. I didn't do anything today, but tomorrow I'm going to a beginners step class at 7:45pm. Its a half hour class and I figure if its beginner I won't be as embarrassed to attend. Laura and her sister have been taking Pilates classes and like them so I may try the beginner Pilates class on Wednesday. I know if I want to see any changes I have to work my butt off over the next 19 weeks. I want my wedding pictures to be "after" pictures so I can get out of this "before" body.

Maybe Brian should have proposed sooner---I could have had myself on track already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a wedding to get that weight loss into gear! I just bought this program p90x and am going to try that. Its 90 days intense workout and meal plan that is supposed to radically change your body. I read good reviews so we will see. Great job and documenting everything, no one has to see your food journal but you! Oh make sure to take a before photo so you have a good comparison for you after :)