Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm a broken record

Its to the point where I'm tired of hearing myself talk. I do good at journaling and charting and everything and then I have four or five days of crap and I feel like it all goes to hell.

The problem? Beer at this point. Its been hot out. We mingle with our neighbors and that usually involves beer and a cookout. Beer then turns into munching which turns into eating crap. I'm having such a hard time saying "no." Its not that I don't say no, but its the "ah, come on, Sarah," that I give in to. I found a hand out from WW yesterday in my purse that was about just that topic. Hopefully I'll do better, otherwise I'm going to become a water drinking hermit homebody.

Good news though...I was taken off my antidepressant. Dr. Bad-toupe made a funny during our appointment the other day. He said, "yeah, that last doc did you a lot of good. Put you on a med that knocked out all emotion, made you not poop, and made you fat. Yep, bet that did a lot for depression." Ha! Honest man, what can I say? I'm on a "weight-neutral" drug that is supposed to help with my mood swings. I don't know wht anyone else thinks/sees, but I think its great. I find my patience has increased dramatically. Instead of sitting back taking it all in, I'm playing with the kids, hanging out with the neighbors and their kids, and getting off my butt and doing things during the day. I never made it to the gym. I have NO excuses, but I will be going today. Which brings me to.....

115 days til our wedding. We finally have a date--October 3rd. We contemplated going far away for the wedding but we ended up finding a perfect place about 20 minutes from our house. Its just what we wanted for a laid back wedding. I'm getting pretty excited--thanks Dr. Bad-toupe for fixing that. I'd be pissed if I felt no emotion with getting married. Anyway, we are below budget which is wonderful. The Internet has been a great tool in finding all kinds of stuff we need for the wedding. I found the perfect dress, only to learn it comes in black, brown, and electric blue. What a bummer. But I did read that if I can get a bridesmaid dress in white or ivory for next to nothing. And I think that a bridesmaid dress would be more appropriate than a gown for the type of wedding we are hoping for. LOL...plus we have a grooms-woman. Ha...Brian wanted his BFF, Kim, to be in the wedding and he wanted her to stand on his side. Our ceremony will be probably 10 minutes tops, but still---I think it will be a little bit funny, but thats okay. Its definitely going to be the wedding WE want...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what it's supposed to be. The wedding YOU WANT. Also, I'm going through the same situation you are with the heat, and endless cook out invites. Best thing ever invented: Bud Select 55. It's the lightest beer in the world and only has 55 calories. Plus it's only like 2 points (per bottle). I love it. It makes me happy. I should get money from Budweiser for this product plug...just sayin'. Good blog. I feel your pain!!!