Sunday, June 27, 2010

Clean closet

I bitch to Brian about how we live out of clothes baskets because we don't have adequate storage for our clothes. Then I realized I'm storing clothes. Stuff that doesn't fit. I'd like to say too big, but they're all too small. After having a mini breakdown last night because clothes I bought for OBX in May are already too small. I started to wonder why I'm holding on to these relics that just make me feel bad everytime I look for something to wear. So I decided to clean shop. I ended up with two laundry baskets full of stuff to donate to Goodwill. That is not including the clothes that are sitting in the "to be ironed" basket in the basement.

I thought all this time I was doing a good thing by holding on to too-small clothes. Like I'd finally be happy that I lost weight and fit into something I used to fit into. I'm sure that is a great feeling but the reality is I'm a 16W or 18W. Its going to be quite a long time til I'm in a 10 or 12 again. By then, I'm going to want, or deserve, new clothes.

As for now? Not too much in the way of clothes. I'll buy a few things for cheap, but definitely won't go overboard. I hope not to stay in this size long. I gotta say though, based on recent history, unfortunately, I'm not optimistic. :(

No comments: