Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sarah Project -- Week 1

One week down. A lifetime more ahead.

The first few days were tough. More than tough, to be exact. But I made it through seven days without binging--well, too much. I really had to use Brian to keep me on track. There were PLENTY of occasions where he'd take food away, tell me I couldn't have something, find something else for us to do to distract me....its stuff I know needs to be done, but I don't have the will power to do it myself.

My worst day was yesterday--my day at work. I still wasn't as bad as I usually am. Probably because I knew I was going to WW this morning, but I still gave in to temptation. Actually it was funny because this morning while on the computer trying to find a meeting on the way home from work one of my co-workers said, "I don't know why you go to meetings. Just don't eat as much." If it were only that easy.

Some meetings are great---like a counseling session. All the ladies (its primarily ladies...) bitch and moan about their husbands and kids and how they get stressed and eat. Sometimes you're not learning anything but the meetings just make you realize there are people like you out there going through the same struggles--especially if you are surrounded in real life by people who aren't. Today's meeting sucked. I walked out early because this leader was trying to sell WW products. When I go to Kirsten's meeting up here, she rarely mentions their products. She's all about tips and tricks to get you to goal.

The results??? Down 3.2 pounds. I'm happy. I needed something positive to keep me on track. It made all the frustrations of Brian not allowing me to eat when I wanted to worth it. My personal goal now? Go to four weeks of meetings consecutively. Usually I drop out after week two or three. I get cocky and think I've got it all under control, which I don't.

Its very interesting to talk to people about their views, suggestions, opinions about how to lose weight, live a healthier lifestyle, or get in shape. Everyone tries to push what works for them. I know I've done it before----WW worked for me so to me everyone should have done it. I worked with a woman the other day who swears by personal trainers and dieticians. Others found things that work for them online. The South Beach Diet. Atkins. Alli. I was even told, "just get that phen-phen stuff off the Internet."

I'm not going to say where I'm at right now is perfect, but it feels good. I am not at the point yet where I can make all good decisions. Its like the bad angel on my shoulder takes over and makes 30 minutes worth of bad decisions for me. But, if Brian and my friends/family can continue what they are doing by keeping me in check, taking food away from me, and removing me from situations where I'm bound to binge or make bad decisions, I think it will be only a matter of time until I can do it on my own. Its just "my" thing.

Starting: 234
Now: 230.8
Lost: 3.2

3 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Congrats on your loss! You rock.

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

Good job! I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you, but I am glad you are trying.

Shelley said...

I know he loves you because that can't be an easy thing for him to do. Glad your soon-to-be husband is helping you through this.