Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just talk to me!

I had to call Brian today when I found myself sitting in a drive thru after I just picked my supper up elsewhere. That was after I sat outside of Five Guys til I talked myself out of walking in to order something. I could hear myself talk to Brian. I heard myself half yelling at him to "just talk to me." I hope he didn't take it personally. My embarrassed defense mechanisms kicked in. It didn't feel like a normal conversation between us. Maybe it was because I know why I was calling him and it was uncomfortable and embarrassing for me.

Good news? I talked him into making me cheeseburgers with grilled onions for lunch tomorrow. :) I'm guessing Five Guys doesn't use 93% lean beef with their burgers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shameless use the phone to call friends when I am craving the drivethrough, you are braver with the truth.