Friday, June 4, 2010

Cure a Weight Problem with Weights?


This photo shows who I don't want to be anymore.

I started a "Weight Photo" file on my computer today to visually chart my progress. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it is to see this picture. I literally started crying about an hour ago when I saw a video of me dancing at this wedding. I'm so embarrassed.

After reading the article that I posted earlier, it got me thinking. Maybe I'm focusing a little bit on the wrong things. Yes, I need to cut calories, although I've cut them down to 1550 a day. Yes, I need to get cardio in. But, maybe part of my issue is I'm not getting enough weight training in. Well, mainly because I'm getting NONE in other than lifting equipment at work and whatnot. I'm starting to wonder how much that has to play into my issue. I guess the one thing that I didn't even account for over the past few years is that while I say I didn't go to the gym and do cardio workouts, I did lift weights---and quite a bit. I guess I forgot about it. Maybe I had enough muscle in me to speed up my metabolism. Granted, I have a feeling my meds have significantly slowed down my metabolism, but at this point I'm willing to give it a shot. And, to be honest, I love to lift weights so it wouldn't be a chore. I have to work 7a-7p tomorrow. Barring any major catastrophes at work, I'm going to be a gym rat and start this lifting stuff again. Maybe I'll even throw in a little trot on the treadmill while I'm at it.

Something's gotta work sooner or later, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ran across some photos from six months ago that look TERRIBLE. I remember thinking then I need to lose weight, but here I am six months later still struggling. I am going to try and keep a few 'EWW' photos on the desktop to remind me what I am working away from. Thanks for the idea.

Samantha said...

Weights are a great idea! You will burn calories during but muscles adds to the rate that you burn when you are resting or doing day-to-day things too which is a great bonus. Plus lean, toned muscles look healthy (and sexy!!)Its a win-win in my opinion!