Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thank you.

A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.
--Anonymous

While home for Christmas my dad found out my results of my Lt.'s exam. I got exactly the response I expected from him. He gave his disappointed face and said absolutely nothing at all. We all sat in silence afterward.

Thanks to all of you that sent me comments or emails or had random conversations with me. The quote above is 100% true. You guys are my support system and I wouldn't trade you for anything. Although I didn't get to thank all of you personally, thank you. Because of you, I didn't have any problem telling my dad I was "dead last" and was proud of it. It didn't matter what he said or thought after that. I don't need his pats on my back when it makes "him" look good. I needed you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that you will be a great boss, when the time comes, which i am sure is soon. Your dad which we can talk about all day well shame on him. uhhhh.