Friday, December 12, 2008

Half on plan

I have to say, I'm half impressed with myself. The last few days I've been on plan (pretty much, anyway). Yeah, I've used a few of the weekly points, but I've made some good choices. Half of something instead of all of it. Add some fruit or veggies here and there. Water. I've been drinking it like a fish (except today---way too much Diet Pepsi). You know what the best part is? I have no idea what the scale says. I feel good. For all I know, I gained 5, but I know deep down this is the most on plan I've been in months, maybe a year.

The downfall? My last weigh in was 180.2. That means I gained an extra daily point. Good, right? That really is helpful. But, if I lose even .8 this week, I'm back to 23 points. Psychologically, that screws me up and I have REAL issues with 23 points. I'm not really sure why.

Why did my first line say half impressed with myself? The other half hasn't been working out. I was doing so well there for a bit, and then I fell off and was dragged behind the wagon. Wednesday will be week 3 with no visits to the gym. I should stop typing and go do a Firm DVD. But look, its 850pm and I have to go to sleep soon so I can get up at the crack ass of dawn to go to work. I can't be late either. I'm Brian's relief. I should be nice and get there early so he can get ready to work his normal shift. Tomorrow AM I'm not going to feel like being nice, am I?

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I like the number 23. It was Brian's lacrosse number in high school. Have a safe day at work.

Anonymous said...

half is good! you can drag the other half along after the holidays!

(now Im so curious which half. for me Id pick the bottom as the top can take care of it self...oooh or the right side and let my left go to proverbial 'pot')