Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mmmmm.....barium

In an hour, I get to drink a delicious barium drink. And an hour after that I get to do it again. The radiology people lie. They say it tastes good. I searched the Internet for info about it and everything I read said it was close to puking gross. One girl I emailed said it was so bad it was starting to make her sick thinking about it. Science can clone animals and build new body parts from stem cells. You would think someone would have come up with some sort of contrast that tastes good instead of like a nuclear reactor. Ok, I don't know what they taste like, but I do know what the smell like and it wasn't pretty. This experience should be delicious!! Let me tell you, I'm counting down the minutes...only 56 more til my first chug. I'm so lucky I get to drink 2 bottles.

Last week I had labs drawn to see if anything showed up in bloodwork to explain my belly issues. I haven't heard anything back yet. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Today I have the CT of my belly. Next week or maybe its the week after, I have the pleasure of having a colonoscopy. That should be exciting. I took the day before the procedure off so I can "prep." After reading all the paperwork, I'm considering buying one of those TV dinner tables to stick in the bathroom with me and maybe a padded seat. I don't know what is going to be worse. All the prepping and testing or finding out what is really wrong with me.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Yuck. Good luck! Go get a bikini wax before your colonoscopy...

Sarah said...

Ha funny. I was just telling someone else that the doc is young and kind of a hottie. Just the person I want shoving something up my ass. (shaking head with a pout.) Just as bad as having a hottie OB/GYN.