Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm exhausted

We just got home from a weekend at my parents in PA. Brian, Taylor, and I left after work Friday morning for Thanksgiving. Taylor was hesitant at first about going for her first trip to my parents with the fear of being uncomfortable. She backed out of the trip once or twice during the week, but eventually decided to go. I think she's glad she went. She had a blast. The ride back sucked. Snow, ice, rain, and traffic. A 3 hour trip took almost 6.

I had my physical on Wednesday. How did the weigh in go? Well, first off I apparently shrunk 3 inches in the last 4 years. What?! I wasn't going to argue. Weight: I'm up. Way up from last year this time. I gained 13 pounds from last years physical. The cause? Who knows. Some is eating and I'd venture to say some is from medicine and from the GI issues that I'm in the process of trying to figure out. But since last week was Thanksgiving, I can say, I'm proud of myself and my eating. Hell, I ate things that I know that I'm not supposed to, but I totally did not stuff myself. I skipped on most desserts and anything I did have was a bite just to taste. The way I look at it is I could have been worse. As for everything else, hopefully this week I'll have some answers. Although I don't want to be told I'm sick or something, it would be nice to hear, "you have thyroid issues" or something and make me realize I'm not a load. Just a half load.

Totally changing the subject, I learned to crochet again this weekend. I learned years ago, but when I was making a baby blanket my cat at the time peed on it and that was the end of my crocheting career. Anyway, it stresses me out. It hurts my pointer finger on my left hand. My sister said I need to build up my crocheting muscles. I didn't even know those muscles existed. Maybe I'll stick to something a little less painful.

No comments: